The Netgear Wi-Fi routers are made up of high technology to provide hassle-free internet connection. If you are a Netgear router user, you have made a good choice. Sometime you can face some issue with your Netgear router. Most of the common queries that we received from Netgear users is how to troubleshoot Netgear router issues? Today we are here to provide you with Netgear wifi router troubleshooting tips.
Netgear wifi router troubleshooting tips to resolve these issues:
- Physical Connection error
- Internet connection error
- Hardware/Software bugs
- Firmware Related issues
- Configuration error
How to troubleshoot Netgear router Issues?
Here are some common troubleshooting tips that you can use for these Netgear router issues:
Netgear Router Not Showing Internet Light:
If your Netgear router is not showing Internet light or showing orange blinking light, that means you don’t have internet access. Follow the steps to troubleshoot this issue:
- First of all, confirm that you are receiving the internet from your ISP. For this, connect your modem directly to the wireless router using Ethernet cable.
- Check the physical connections between your router and modem.
- Set your IP address, default gateway, and subnet mask to static.
- Update the firmware of your wireless router.
- Restart your Netgear router, modem, and PC. Check that all the wires and cables are connected properly.
- Now, check if the green light is blinking or not. If you can see the green light, your problem has resolved.
Netgear Wireless Router Not Working:
If your Netgear router stops working, there can be various reasons for this. Follow these basic Netgear wifi router troubleshooting tips to fix this issue:
Reboot Netgear router:
Netgear Router Firmware Update:
- Plug out all the cables and wires.
- Switch off your modem, router, and computer.
- Now, plug in all the cable again properly.
- Switch on the modem, router, and computer.
It is important to update the firmware of the Netgear router to increase its efficiency and productivity. New firmware contains latest and smart features. It is better to keep your router’s firmware updated. To update Netgear router firmware, access the router’s web interface through www.routerlogin.net. Go through the “Admin Settings”. Now, click the “Firmware Update” option. Click “Check” to look for a new update. If any available, download and install the new firmware. Wait for some time to complete the process.
Reset Netgear Router:
Netgear wireless router not working? Perform the Netgear router reset process. You can reset your device via two methods.
- Hard Reset
- Soft Reset
- Connect the Netgear router and computer using Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser and type routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 whichever you want in the address bar.
- On the Netgear login page, enter username and password and click Login.
- Now you will be redirected to the router’s web interface.
- Next, click the “Revert to Factory Default Settings” option to reset all the settings.
- On the router’s back, search for the Reset button.
- Take a sharp object like a pin, paper clip to press the Reset button.
- Release the button and LED on the router starts to blink.
- After you reset, your router will restart itself.
Try these baby steps to resolve some common issues:
Some of the problems need general troubleshooting. These issues can be resolved by users on their own, it doesn’t require any technical assistance. Let’s have a look at some baby tips:
- Make sure that your wireless router is receiving power from the power supply.
- Check the physical connections between the router, modem, and PC.
- Move your router near to your device on which you are using the Wi-Fi.
- Update the firmware of your Netgear router to the latest version.
- Update the router’s outdated drivers to the new one.
- Change the channel of your wireless router as per your need.
- Contact your ISP and ask them to help you out.
- Switch off the router and turn it on again after a few seconds.
- If nothing works, reset the wifi router to its factory defaults.
Try above-mentioned Netgear wifi router troubleshooting steps. If the problem remains same, give us a call on our toll-free no. We have a team of technical experts who will provide assistance on any of your router issues.