Bought a new Netgear wireless router and don’t know how to set it up? Don’t worry, we will explain you the process for Netgear router setup. The best thing about the setup process is that you don’t even have to be connected to the Internet while accessing the Netgear wireless router. Just connect your physical device with each other and Netgear router setup wizard will take you through the setup process. We will explain you the process in a simple way that you won’t need any software or driver to set up the wireless router.
How to set up a Netgear wireless router?
Now we will mention the instructions for the process of Netgear router setup. Make sure that you follow the instructions carefully in order to avoid any issue.
1. Hardware setup
First of all, you need to set up the hardware connection between your physical devices. Follow the below-given steps to connect the hardware devices:
- Before we jump to the Netgear router setup process, we will explain you how to connect the hardware device.
- Connect your wireless router to the ISP modem using an Ethernet cable. Plug the one end of the cable into the router and another end into the ISP modem.
- Now, connect the wireless router to the computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Attach the power adapter to both the device and plug them into the power outlet.
2. Netgear router setup
Now we will mention the instructions to set up the Netgear wireless router.
- Go to the computer that is connected to the wireless router and open an Internet browser.
- Look for the address bar at the top of the web browser and enter the default IP address of your router into it.
- Press Enter on the keyboard and your browser will direct you to the Netgear router login page where you need to enter the default username and password values of the router.
- After you enter the default router login details, you will be taken to the Netgear router setup.
- Now, navigate to the Quick Setup Wizard and follow the instructions to setup the Netgear wireless router easily.
- After you configure the network settings on the wireless router, make sure you save the settings.
- Now your wireless router will restart and you will need to reconnect to the wireless router.
- Run the Internet connection test to check whether the router is hooked up to the Internet.
Now that you have setup the Netgear wireless router, you can connect your wireless devices to the wireless network. If you want to modify the settings, you will need to log into the router again.
We hope that in this article, you got to know about the process of Netgear router setup. In case you face any issue while attempting to setup the wireless router, feel free to call us no our Toll-Free number anytime and we will be more than happy to assist you.