The Netgear wifi router is designed in a such way that meet the need of small offices and home networks. The Netgear router ensures continuous Wi-Fi signal to all the devices while boosting widespread coverage throughout your home.
If you are facing issues with your Netgear router, then you don’t need to worry as we will provide you with some of the best Netgear wifi router troubleshooting tips in this blog. Given below are some of the common errors which you might face while you try to attempt Netgear wifi router setup process.
Here are some of the common errors or issues related Netgear wifi router and ways to troubleshoot them.
1.Troubleshoot wireless network problems
If you are facing wireless network problems with your Netgear router, try the troubleshooting tips which are given below:
- Turn off the wireless function and directly connect the router to your computer by using an Ethernet cable.
- Reboot your PC and check for an internet connection.
- If there is no internet connection, try rebooting router and modem as well.
2.How to access Netgear router?
To access the Netgear wifi router, you will need to launch a web browser from your computer or any other device for Netgear wifi router setup. Then, enter the default web address of your Netgear router which is www.routerlogin.com. Log in to your router using the default username and password. Enter ‘admin’ in both the fields, if you are unable to log in using this password and username; check the documentation that came with your router.
3.How to change the network name (SSID) and password of Netgear router?
It is important to change the SSID and password of your Netgear router for privacy reasons. You need to log into your router using web browser to change the network name and password. After that, you can click on the option ‘Wireless’ and change the password and Network name from there to something unique, memorable and secured.
4.Can’t sign in to the router
If you are unable to sign to your router, then follow the steps which are given below for Netgear wifi router troubleshooting.
- Check the Ethernet connection between your router and computer, if you are using an Ethernet-connected computer.
- Ensure that the PC’s IP address in on the same subnet as your router. Your computer should be in the range of 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254.
- If your router’s IP address has changed, clear the router configuration to factory default.
- Close the browser and launch it again.
- Make sure you are using the correct login credentials. When you enter the login details, make sure that the caps lock is ‘On.’
5.How to update the firmware of my Netgear router?
It is important to update the firmware of your router as it fixes bugs, increase the speed and improves the overall performance. To update the firmware, you need to log in to your router as mentioned in the above sections using www.routerlogin.com. After you login, you will find a ‘Firmware update’ option in the ‘Advanced’ tab and the ‘Administration’ option. If a new update is available, click once to download and install it to keep your router updated.
6.Router connected but no internet connection
If your Netgear router is connected but there is no internet connections on your router then don’t worry you can follow these below given troubleshooting tips.
- Power cycle your modem and router then try to access the Internet.
- Reset Netgear router to factory default settings.
- Setup and configure Netgear wireless router.
7.How to fix ‘Poor downloading speed’ issue?
If you are facing the poor downloading speed issue, you could try changing the channel that your Wi-Fi is using. If your router supports the 5 GHz channel, you can use it. To change the channel, you need to login to your router first. In the ‘Wireless’ settings, select a channel and press ‘Save changes’ to save the changes
These were some of the most common issues which you might encounter while accessing your Netgear router. In case, you still need us to provide with some more Netgear wifi router troubleshooting tips, then you can get connected with us. We have a team of experts who will be more than happy to help you with some troubleshooting tips. So, get in touch with them through their 24/7 available toll-free number or you can mail them your queries.