Are you trying to set up a home network with your brand new Netgear router? If yes, you will want to make sure that you set it up correctly to prevent unwanted users and protect your personal information. But before your router is up and running, you will need to make sure that you follow some serious instructions for Netgear router setup process.
Therefore, in this blog, we will discuss Netgear wireless router setup instructions which you are required to keep in mind. These instructions are going to help you to configure your Netgear wireless router.
What you need before you begin?
Here is the list of things which you will be requiring for the Netgear router setup process, make sure all of these things are available to you.
- Internet connection
- Netgear router
- Two Ethernet cables
- A computer or laptop
- A modem
Positioning your wireless router
The operating distance or range of your wireless network can vary depending upon the physical placement of your Netgear router. For best results, make sure you place your Netgear router:
- Near the center of the area where all your devices will operate,
- Near to an AC electrical outlet.
- In an elevated location such as a high shelf, also make sure that the number of walls between the wireless router and other devices to a minimum.
- Away from the electrical devices which might cause interference such as microwaves, ceiling fans, or home security systems.
- Away from any metal surfaces such as metal doors.
Connecting the devices
Before you can begin to set up your Netgear router, it is important to complete the initial setup which is connecting the devices.
- Remove any cables connecting the modem to your PC. Plug in the power adapter of the modem and wait for it to power on.
- Now, connect the modem to the Netgear router. Take one Ethernet cable and plug one end of the Ethernet cable to the modem and another to the internet port on the router.
- Next, connect your router to the computer as well. Take another Ethernet cable and plug its one end into the computer Ethernet port and other into any of the four LAN ports on the router.
- Plug in the power adapter of the Net gear router and wait for the router to power on.
Log into your router
The next step which is required before setting up your router is to log in to your Netgear router using its default web address.
- After connecting your Netgear router to the computer, turn on your computer.
- Launch a web browser and enter the default web address of Netgear router in the URL of the browser. Type routerlogin.net, if this does not work; try other default IP addresses of your router which is http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1.
- A Netgear login window will appear on your computer screen.
- When prompted enter the default login credentials of your Netgear router. The default username is ‘admin’ whereas the default password is ‘password’ for most of the Netgear routers.
- After this, press the ‘Log In’ option to log into the Netgear router.
Finally, after all these Netgear wireless router setup instructions, you can log into your Netgear router using the default web address to manage and configure the settings of your router. For installation, you can take the help of Netgear Setup Wizard which will guide you through the installation process. The installation of the Netgear router does not take more than 15 minutes. After the completion of installation process, your router will be up and running in no time.
If you still face any issue while accessing the setup wizard of your Netgear router, make you check these quick troubleshooting tips.
Be sure to start the network in this sequence
- Unplug and turn off your modem, turn off your computer and laptop.
- Turn on your modem and wait for 60 seconds.
- Turn on your router and wait for another 60 seconds.
- Now, turn on your computer.
Make sure that Ethernet cable is securely plugged in
The internet status light will be lit on the wireless router if the Ethernet cable to a wireless router to the modem is plugged in securely and the router and modem are both powered on.
In case, you are still confused on how to access the Netgear router login page or in case you have any other query related to Netgear router then you can contact us. We have a dedicated team of router and extender experts who are available round the clock just to provide you with details on Netgear wireless router setup instructions. In order to get in touch with them, all you need to do is to call them on the toll-free number or talk to them through their live chat window.