Most of the time people often ask would upgrading the router firmware improve the Internet connection. Updating the firmware helps a router work well and sometimes cures the annoying bugs and issues. If the firmware of a router is not upgraded regularly, your router may stop working normally and hence resulting in intermittent Internet connection. So the answer is yes, upgrading the router firmware improves the Internet connection and makes it faster.
Benefits of Router Firmware Upgrade
Now we will discuss how would upgrading the router firmware improve the Internet connection. We have put down some common benefits of router firmware upgrade.
- Improves the security – Upgrading the router firmware improves the security of your wireless network.
- New features – This is one of the major benefits of router firmware upgrade. You can experience some cool new features in your wireless router.
- Bug fixes – This is also among the major benefits of router firmware upgrade. Firmware upgrade can help your router to cure some of the issues and bugs.
Now you must have got to know would upgrading the router firmware improve the Internet connection.
Router firmware upgrade
When a router reset doesn’t work to cure the annoying bugs, the router firmware upgrade helps surely. To upgrade the firmware of your wireless router, follow the instructions provided below.
- First of all, go to the manufacturer’s website and enter the model number of your router to check whether there is an upgrade for your router.
- If an upgrade is available for your router, download it and save it to the desktop.
- Now enter the default IP address of your router and visit the router’s web-based interface.
- Log into the router and navigate to the firmware window. To log into the router, enter the router login credentials into the respective fields and click the Login tab.
NOTE: In case you don’t know the router login credentials, look at the back of the router. You will find all the wireless network information written on a wireless label.
- You will see a Browser tab on the firmware window. Click the tab and choose the firmware file which you downloaded earlier.
- Once you upload the file to the router’s web-based interface, your router will start processing the file.
- Let your router upgrade the firmware version.
Now that router has processed the file, it will restart to make changes take effect. Make sure you reconnect to the router and check whether the Internet connection is there or not.
So this was all about the router firmware process. You will surely experience improvement in the Internet connection. In this article, we hope you got to know would upgrading the router firmware improve the Internet connection. In case you face an issue while upgrading the firmware of the wireless router, call us on our 24×7 Toll-Free number because we are here to help you in the best possible way.